Thursday, August 7, 2008

Farmers Market


I am just loving the farmers market this summer. I can go every Saturday and get my fruits and veggies for the week for about $15.00. Plus, I know where its all coming from, it tastes way better and I'm supporting the local farmers.


Here is a recipe I made using some yellow squash from the market. It was so good. We've already fixed it twice in two weeks.

Skillet Squash

4 slices of bacon
2 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
2 serrano chiles, chopped (optional)
1 dash of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

1. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside. Add the squash, onion, garlic and jalapeno to the skillet. Fry in the bacon drippings until tender, but still firm, stirring frequently. Crumble bacon into the skillet, and season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir, to blend in seasonings, and serve.

No comments: