Friday, June 20, 2008

Diva Pasta- Rattlesnake Pasta

Okay, I swear we really do eat more things than pasta. That just seems to be all the new things I have been trying lately or I forget to take pictures....

Anyway, I have had this recipe stored up for a long time to try. It is my version of Rattlesnake Pasta that I had at J. Alexander's, which I loved. Well, I loved mine as well. I did use shrimp instead of chicken like I had at J's.




Rattlesnake Pasta

8 T butter
1 c heavy cream
12 T parmesen cheese
2 T flour
1 pinch of ground cayenne pepper
s&p to taste
1/4 c finely chopped jalapeno peppers
3 T minced garlic
1 lb medium shrimp
4 cups penne pasta, cooked & tossed in 2 T olive oil

Combine butter, cream, parmesan, flour, salt, pepper & cayenne. Heat slowly until thickened. Add the jalapeno, garlic and shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are cooked through. Serve over pasta.

P.S.- I didn't make that bread. I bought it at The Fresh Market. And it was fab. Kalamata olives, garlic, sun dried tomatoes...

No comments: