Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slow Cooker Carnitas


These were very good! The meat was fall apart tender. We stuffed it into tortillas and topped with diced tomatoes, a little cheese and sour cream.

Slow Cooker Carnitas

2T tomato paste
2T adobo sauce(from canned chipotles)
3T chopped garlic
1T chili powder
1t salt
1t pepper
3lb boneless Boston butt, cut into 2" pieces *I actually used boneless country style ribs cut into 2" pieces because I already had them. I'm sure they actually ended up making it even more flavorful**
1c beer of chicken broth **I used the beer which I think is a must!**

Combine first six ingredients in slow cooker. Stir in meat pieces. Microwave beef on high for 2 minutes. Pour over meat. Do not stir. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Shred meat using two forks.
**Be sure to spoon some of the sauce over the meat.**

No comments: