I found this on www.allrecipes.com and it is apparently a Bob Evans recipe. The apples in this were a nice change to your ordinary breakfast dish. And it turns out kinda pretty. I used the maple syrup flavored sausage in mine.
Sausage Apple Quiche
* 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
* 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
* 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* 1 (12 ounce) package Bob Evans® Original or Maple Sausage Links
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon sugar
* 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
* 1 medium apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 10-inch quiche or pie pan with pie crust. Sprinkle cheeses, chives and parsley over bottom of crust. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink in the center. Arrange in spoke fashion over cheese layer. Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk until light in color. Whisk in milk, salt and sugar until well blended. Carefully pour egg mixture over sausage layer; sprinkle with cayenne pepper, if desired. Arrange apple slices around outside edge of quiche, pressing down slightly into egg mixture to coat apples. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers.
12 minutes ago