Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Shrimp!

I can't remember for the life of me where I got this recipe. I just had it saved on my computer, so I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due because this was quite tasty.



Happy Shrimp!
The Cast of Characters: Shrimp, Olive Oil, Tabasco, Worcestershire, Salt, Pepper, Butter, and Lemon. Get ready to party!

First, thoroughly rinse raw shrimp w/ shells still on. I used 21-26 count (that means 21-26 shrimp per pound) but I’ve certainly used bigger. Any smaller than this, and it’s difficult to peel, so stick with 21-26 or bigger.)


Place the shrimp in large baking pan

Arrange them in somewhat of a single layer.


Now take Extra Virgin Olive Oil…and drizzle it over the shrimp.
I probably used about 1/2 cup

begin GENEROUSLY sprinkling black pepper all over the shrimp

Now for the salt. I use Kosher because I’m madly in love with it, but of course, regular table salt will do just fine.Sprinkle generously with salt

Now cut some lemons in half. I used about three or four.Generously squeeze lemon juice all over the shrimp.

GENEROUSLY drizzle Worcestershire all over the shrimp.1/4 to 1/2 cup

GENEROUSLY you choose to add Tabasco depends entirely upon how much heat you can stand.maybe twenty shakes

Cut the butter into pats and begin placing it on top of the shrimp.two sticks of butter.

Now put the pan under the broiler in your oven for just about ten minutes, until the shrimp are no longer translucent. Don’t overdo it; you don’t want the shrimp to dry out.

Now, for your party you’ll want to have a loaf of crusty French bread on hand. Warm it in the oven, then wrap it in a nice napkin.

Just take a chunk of bread.And dip it into the pan, absorbing the juice.

No comments: