Thursday, September 2, 2010

Diva Dinner in a Dash


Okay, us busy mommas aka divas need quick dinners often because we are on the go-go-go! So, tell me some of your favorite diva dinners in a dash...something you can make quickly with five ingredients or less..I have an arsenal full, but here is one of our favorites.

Mock Chicken Cordon Bleu

-boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-ham lunchmeat( I prefer the really thin kind, you know, those little packs you ate as a kid that cost like 50cents)
-lite string cheese
-your favorite coating( I use OvenFry. It's like Shake and Bake. My favorite is the extra crispy.
-one egg(or egg white if being healthier)
-toothpicks

Lay out chicken breasts and flatten out with a meat tenderizer. Lay about 3 pieces of lunchmeat on top of each breast. Place a piece of string cheese on one end and roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Dip each roll in beaten egg and then roll in coating. Bake at 425 for 40 minutes.

No comments: