Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oven "Sun Dried" Tomatoes




I love sun dried tomatoes, but I do not love the cost, so I decided to try making them myself. I would love to actually dry them in the sun, but we just have so many critters running around our backyard that the thought of that disturbs me, so I did them in the oven instead and they turned out delicious!

Roma tomatoes
kosher salt
olive oil

Halve and seed the tomatoes and cut into strips. The smaller the strips, the faster they cook. Place on a baking sheet(I used my pampered chef stone) and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 200 for 4-8 hours depending on size and quantity of tomatoes. Just keep checking them. When finished store in olive oil in the fridge for up to a month. I put mine in a garlic infused olive oil that I recently got from Tastefully Simple and is some good stuff.

No comments: