Friday, October 14, 2011

Baby Apple Dumplins'

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I like to cook, but not so much bake. Way too much measuring for my tastes. So, whenever I do bake it has to be simple. These little dumplings were right up my alley.

Baby Apple Dumplins'

2 granny smith apples
2 cans of crescent rolls
2 sticks of butter
1.5 cups of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 can of Mountain Dew
cinnamon **I used cinnamon sugar that I got at the Amish store**

Peel apples and slice each apple into 8 wedges. Wrap each wedge in a crescent roll. Place in a greased baking dish. Mix together melted butter, sugar and vanilla and pour over dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew into dish around dumplings. Sprinkle all with cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.


Serve warm, preferably with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: