Saturday, April 19, 2008

Breakfast....Its what's for dinner.


Or at least at my house tonight that is the case. I love breakfast foods. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, french toast, pancakes, hashbrowns. All of it. Ironically though, I don't really like it for breakfast. For some reason I would rather wake up and eat a turkey sandwich or leftover spaghetti and meatballs. But for dinner bring on the breakfast foods. I know...that's weird. But that's me. So anyway, tonight was make your own omelet night. I prepared a slew of chopped up stuff, mixed up a bunch of eggs and let everyone make their own signature dish. The little one went with ham, eggs and cheese. The hubby got crazy throwing in green olives. I stayed pretty standard...ham, colbyjack cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms and jalapenos. Served up with some toasted party rye slices which were of course smeared with butter and the roasted garlic I made below in honor of National Garlic Day. I think the chickens would be proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy! I love omelets, anytime!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way. I love breakfast just usually not for breakfast!