Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hummingbird Cake


I am not a baker. I love to eat the sweets, but I do not like to make them really. Too much measuring and following of instructions. I'm way too crazy for all that. lol I like to cook so I can tweak and do my own thing, thus, always breaking the rules. With that being said I was asked to make the dessert for a friend's baby shower and she requested a Hummingbird Cake. I did some searching took a couple of recipes and put them together to still make it my own creation. It got rave reviews unless everyone was lying. :) Seriously though, I would have picked chocolate any day myself, but this did turn out really moist and flavorful.

Hummingbird Cake
1 yellow cake mix, mixed up using directions on box
Add to mix:
1 can crushed pineapple drained
2 cups of banana, mashed
1 cup of chopped walnuts
Bake at 350 in two nine inch pans for 1 hour and cool.

Frosting:
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 pound butter, softened
1 pound powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Blend all together and frost middle, top and sides of cake.
Sprinkle with more chopped walnuts.

No comments: