Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Get Your Greek On!

As in a Greek pita that is....
This was my version of a quick gyro. The cucumber dill sauce, also known as Tzatziki sauce, is what makes it so good.

-cube steak
-dry ranch seasoning
-greek yogurt
-lemon juice
-fresh dill
-kosher salt
-fresh ground black pepper
-cucumbers
-black olives
-feta cheese
-pita bread

First I made the sauce. I mixed together the yogurt, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Then I peeled and grated in some fresh cucumber. I just did this to taste so I don't have any exact measurements on the ingredients. Then chill in fridge until ready to serve.


Second, I sprinkled the cube steaks with dry ranch seasoning on both sides and then broiled for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.



Then stuff your pita with the meat, sauce, cucumbers, black olives and feta. I generally prefer chopped tomatoes on my gyro too, but we were already having a side salad with tomatoes in it, so I didn't want to overdo it.

No comments: